Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: A year in review


I haven't ever done a holiday or end of the year letter but I thought this might be a good tradition to start on New Year's Eve (you can tell what kind of fun we are having here, huh? At least it's better than last year when Miss A was sick!).

So, the good:
2013 brought A crawling and walking.
We celebrated her very first birthday.
Chad and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary (no matter that it was with frozen pizza in the basement of North Murray Hall while waiting out a tornado warning...).
We welcomed my sister and her wonderful family to Oklahoma.
Work is picking back up for me. I wrote 3 (and a half...) grants, submitted a number of papers (and had some accepted), took a position as Associate Director of Clinical Training, taught my first online course, and submitted my tenure packet (I haven't said anything about that on the blog or on Facebook and I'm not sure why. Superstitious, I guess?).

The not as good:
A had tubes put in her ears.
We had more viral illnesses than you could shake a stick at.

This is us. Happy. Counting our blessings and thankful for such wonderful years where the good always outweighs the bad. And hoping that 2014 is even better for us all. Happy New Year to all our friends and family. Maybe this year we will get to come home for a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment