Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cabbage patch kid

Happy Halloween!

Our little cabbage patch kid had a very fun day!


She got to dress up in costume at school and of course she looked adorable. Last year I saw a friend on FB created this costume theme for her little girl and I was smitten. I ordered the beanie wig on etsy but otherwise used clothes A already had (along with an iron on transfer for the logo on her t-shirt). I found a wig that reminded me of my very first cabbage doll (I swear her name was Heather Nicole; maybe mom or dad could verify that for me since I couldn't find it on google).






It took awhile for her to get comfortable with the wig.



A's class is so cute. Unfortunately I had to teach so by the time I got to the party (30 minutes after it started), the kids had already eaten their cupcakes and A was ready to leave. She got an adorable goody bag with a fruit squeeze pack, fruit snacks and fruit leather, a Little People car, and a few pieces of candy. Her teacher also made these really cute mummy Hershey bars.




I took A to work with me just to hang out a little bit and then we came home. I switched up her outfit to try to be a bit more authentic to what Cabbage Patch Kids wear. We took her out in her little car. We went to the houses of two of my friends in our neighborhood. We were going to let her go knock on their doors but she loves sitting in the car so she got really mad when we tried to unbuckle her seat belt. It's amazing how quickly toddlers get opinionated. Hopefully next year she will actually trick or treat.


She really liked the bubbles at Christopher & Angela's house.


We also ran into our sweet friends Jen and Asa the lion (and Leo, superman).


Once we went to those houses and took a walk around the block. We came back home to hand out candy. A's costume was a big hit. In fact, one lady started taking pictures of her and talking about how they would be having a grand daughter soon. It was a little weird.

A spent most of the night playing with her car and she loved watching the other kids.


I told Chad we really just need to buy a push lawnmower. She would love that! Our lines wouldn't be very straight but that's okay. :)


By the end of the night, we were all pretty tired. We got rid of the wig but she wanted to stay outside and play in the candy bowl. She was very unhappy when we brought her back inside. Overall, though, we had a really fantastic day!


And just in case you forgot how sweet she was last year...I just can't stand the cuteness.






No comments:

Post a Comment