Monday, December 14, 2015

Day 13: Santa and gingerbread houses



Today Mya's Promise hosted a "Sensitive Santa" event at OSU. It was really nice because everything was quiet and low-key. They gave kids the chance to decorate sugar cookies and they had a hot cocoa bar and punch. Santa was in an entirely different room and there were no lines to wait for him because you were given a number and they came and got you when it was your turn.



Unfortunately, the little girl in front of A got pretty freaked out by Santa, which immediately made her nervous. The closer we got, the more afraid she was. One of our amazing photographers was the one taking pictures but I'm not even sure she could miraculously get a photo. I won't force A to sit in Santa's lap and nothing he said or did made things better for her (in all honesty, I thought he was just a smudge pushy and didn't give her a chance to warm up but I know everyone loves this Santa so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt; A did not). I crouched down with her so we will see if anything worked.

After Santa, I stopped by my office to get a few things done while A played.


Once we got dinner started, I set A up to make gingerbread houses. She said she was going to "do it all my very self" so I gave her as much latitude as I could. I did the frosting and set up while she did the rest for all but one of the houses.






I forgot to snap a photo of the kindness elves this morning. They were hanging out by her Christmas tins, spreading good cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment