Friday, December 4, 2015

Day 3: Parade!


Today our kindness task was to share with a friend and our fun Christmas activity was going to the parade downtown! I think A is starting to "get" the tasks. When we got ready to open her advent candy tonight, she said "today at school I hugged Nathan." So maybe she is being kind for bribes...it's starting somewhere...?


It turns out that my phone does a terrible job with photos at night. So I have lots of blurry and/or overexposed photos...


This was our first time intentionally attending the parade. Twice before I have happened to be downtown when it was going on but I hadn't really seen it. Many people were talking about how surreal it was to be at a parade in Stillwater and that there was a bit of anxiety in the air. I think part of my desire to go tonight was fueled by wanting to support and be a part of the community that doesn't let bad events cause us to change our routines or our life. 

We were fortunate that we ran into our friend and her adorable children.


The parade was a bit underwhelming but overall it was sweet. Chad and I were glad we went and A said she thought it was fun. Ultimately that is all that matters.








A loved seeing the motorcycles especially. :)

 



And, of course, Santa. 



No comments:

Post a Comment