Saturday, December 5, 2015

Day 4: Sugar Plum Fairy


Today we started out our day by going to OSU to pick up poinsettias for A's school. My research lab came to the house for an end of semester party. And then Chad and I took A to the Stillwater Performing Arts performance of the Nutcracker. This was an aspirational goal. 


As we were driving over, I tried to give A some context and told her the Nutcracker was a ballet. She said "But I don't like buns, mommy!!" I haven't mentioned on here before but A has an obsessive hatred for buns and braids. If she sees anyone with a bun or a braid, she asks why they are wearing it. If she knows you, she will pester you to remove it. Any dolls or shirts that have buns or braids on them get the same treatment. Once we got there, Chad asked "Do you want to be a ballerina?" She gave him a funny, exasperated sigh and said "No, I don't like buns! I told you."




Although we arrived as close to show time as possible, A found it hard to wait. I am so not looking forward to her learning "I'm bored." She already has the face and attitude.







We made it to intermission with only two bathroom breaks before calling it a night. I definitely think we will try again next year. It also had the welcome side effect of Chad wanting to go to a real ballet sometime. I never would have expected that so I think we should capitalize on it! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment