Monday, December 1, 2014

Holiday weekend kickoff



I've always liked the holidays but usually Thanksgiving and Easter were my favorite. This year we are super excited about Christmas with A. She gets so excited about decorations and sparkly things. We even changed our 'theme' on our tree for something new and different. The little tree in A's room has really grown on me.

On Friday we put up the main tree. Baby A was really excited for the first few minutes but the excitement wore off until it was fully decorated.










On Saturday we went out to Rockin' Star Farm for the Santa Saturday Kickoff party. There was a short line to see Santa but A was not interested (read, absolutely no way under any circumstance) in being near him. Fortunately, Santa was really respectful. There were lots of other fun things to do.




This doesn't really look like Christmas activities but it was 75 (!!) on Saturday. It will be 37 tomorrow though so who knows what the weather will look like by the 25th! Whenever I have moments of dislike for Oklahoma, I should watch this video. It was a truly gorgeous day.



 

Baby A loved the horse swing. I have no idea what she was singing (let me know if you recognize it) but I'm guessing she was just trying to overshadow the Mariah Carey song that was being played on repeat all afternoon...





I loved playing tetherball when I was in the fifth grade. Baby A was cracking me up trying to play.



We got lunch from the Hungry Duckling food truck, which A happily ate and did not want to share (interesting since she rarely eats at home!).


Tomorrow begins the 25 days of Christmas. I'm looking forward to seeing the things others are posting. This week we will start the advent calendar, read Christmas books, do something with the kindness elves, and build gingerbread houses/Christmas trees for Saturday's lab party. I'm definitely trying to make it fun without going overboard or getting stressed about doing big things every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment