Monday, November 12, 2012

Lucky number seven...

...months that is. Little girl is growing so fast! She is so very interactive and fun. She's currently trying to learn to clap and wave (doesn't have either down yet) and is in 6-9 and 9 month clothes. We introduced her to a cup with a straw, which she loves (but doesn't totally get). In terms of food, Alaina is totally loving pears. Yesterday we gave her avocado for the first time. She really did not know what to think. She loves food but was conflicted by this odd texture and taste (I don't like them either so I can't really blame her...). Once I added some pears to them she ate it up. Tonight I mixed the avocado with oatmeal which she also liked. I'm thinking her next food will be carrots. I expect that she will love carrots.

Unfortunately Alaina is still coughing pretty bad. We did a week long trial of claritin but it never got better. Now we are trying zyrtec. If that doesn't work, we may come to terms with this as a virus that is just taking forever to get rid of. Overall, she acts normal except for the cough. Her voice is totally back now.

Reaching the seven month mark also means we hit seven months of nursing. I've had a few people ask how that is going so, briefly, we have started the weaning process. This has been a really difficult decision. Some days it makes me really sad but (most of the time) I know that it is best for our family. Things are going really well though. I may be able to eat normally for thanksgiving and I have enough frozen that we will probably make it to 8 months with her getting some milk each day. Knowing that she is thriving and also starting to explore new food makes this (a little) easier. She's still totally a momma's girl. In general, if I am holding her or hanging out with her, she is happy. Daycare continues to go really well. There is a brand new, 8-week old baby who just started today. We are hoping his cuteness wears off soon so Alaina will still get plenty of cuddles. :) her cuteness has clearly not worn off.

No comments:

Post a Comment