Sunday, February 17, 2013

T - 1 day and counting

Alaina gets her ear tubes tomorrow morning. We'd certainly appreciate your thoughts and prayers. We feel good about our decision to get them (& to get them done here, with general anesthesia). Honestly, our biggest concern is the "no eating after midnight" rule. There were a couple of days last week where Alaina slept solid from 7:45pm until around 7am and we started thinking "great timing! This is perfect!" unfortunately, however, the last three nights she's gotten up between 1-2am to eat (i.e., how I'm posting now). I think we will probably wake her for a bottle at 11:30 and just pray that doesn't disrupt her sleep cycle too much and she sleeps until we get her up to leave at 5:45. We are glad we have to be there so early. I know Monday morning may be rough so I'll be practicing my patience and mindfulness. And doing whatever I can to prepare today. We really hope this fixes her ear issues as well as helps her cough & congestion.

We hope everyone had a happy Valentine's day. We got take out and just chilled at home. My birthday was yesterday. It was pretty low key; certainly not the best actual day but I'm so thankful for all the last year has brought me. Thanks for all the calls, texts, cards, FB posts, and flowers. They were the highlight of what was otherwise a somewhat crummy day. More about that in a later post perhaps.

Here are a few more pictures, including a hilarious one of Alaina, mad because Chad wouldn't let her have his cookbook fast enough. Little chef in the making...

No comments:

Post a Comment