Saturday, October 7, 2017

Hiatus

Wow.

I have certainly gotten behind on blogging. It has been nearly 6 months since I've updated. I have two curiously and mysteriously titled blogs that I apparently started in June and July (when I quit and who I am, for those interested)

In the last 6 months, things have been a whirlwind.

We experienced A's first dance recital.




We made a trip to Kentucky to honor the Department of Psychology's 100 year anniversary and see wonderful family.





We took a family vacation to Colorado and met our lovely forever friends and their family there.










A got a new bed.




I hooded another PhD student.



Sweet baby A reminded us ever so harshly that she is not such a baby anymore as she started kindergarten this fall and left the daycare/pre-k she attended for almost exactly 5 years.












Chad and I are just barely surviving all of the emotions and fatigue that come with kindergarten.




We've done lots of fun things as well.

like visited the safari


got our hair cut

 


released insects we watched develop


conducted science



went blackberry picking



hung out with the puppy (who is completely rotten)

  

and stayed pretty cute

  






but we never did find a solution to the lack of shade in our backyard!



I briefly lost my mind and signed up to begin the process (finally) to get licensed at the same time I decided to get committed to a (marginally?) consistent gym habit. Neither of these are good for my sleep but both are major goals.

So, I guess I am caught up now. I make no promises that I will be better at this in future months. But maybe. A close friend recently said I should be blogging about my hysterically tragic experiences at the gym. I probably have enough for a series of those. And I have tons of school lunches I could share...

No comments:

Post a Comment