Thursday, May 24, 2012

6 weeks post partum

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday. I've been feeling good physically and that was confirmed by the check up. My incision is still healing nicely, my blood pressure has returned to the normal range, and I'm 7 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight. All great things!

We've had family visiting which has been awesome. We definitely needed that first few weeks to get adjusted but things are going much better. I've even been venturing out of the house alone with her and driving. I start back to work part time the week of June 4. I think it will be good to get back but I'll definitely miss my little buddy.

Alaina is doing well. Who can believe she is six weeks old tonight?!? She is so much fun. I met with the lactation consultant again on Friday but it didn't go that well. But we are still trekking forward. I've been (obvious) dairy free for a week and Alaina started soy formula on Saturday. We are still seeing blood at times but dairy allergies can take 2-4 weeks to leave her body. For now I've made the decision to continue on this path for at least another two weeks and then reevaluate. I've had a couple of sad moments but it's still what I want to do. She's so cute it's obviously worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment