Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Yay!!!

Alaina has finally surpassed her birth weight. Today we had our pediatrician's appointment and met with Healthy Steps, a program through the Warren Clinic that checks in on development and other nonmedical issues. Alaina seems on track developmentally. At this point they just want to see eye contact and equilateral gross motor movement.

We continue to love our pediatrician. Everything looks great for Alaina's one month check up. She weighed 9 pounds and 10 ounces--a gain of approximately 11 ounces in 9 days. That's what I'm talking about!! We are very pleased. I've been considering tapering off the formula and we talked to the pediatrician about this. She completely agreed that something has to give. I'm still a little ambivalent about just what we will/should do. I really appreciate the friends and family members who have reached out to me regarding their own experiences. It's been more helpful than you know!!

So I'm optimistic. Things really do get easier daily. And I am just so thankful that she is healthy. Trust me, Chad and I truly know how fortunate we are.

On a funny note, I was feeling so pleased with myself today--Chad came home for lunch right after I fed Alaina so I was able to take a little time to flat iron my hair and put on makeup and real clothes. I even told him I felt like a real person. Then, on the ride over to the appointment I realized...I still had on my hot pink house shoes. Oops. I tried to not pay attention to if I got any funny looks. I'm sure they've seen worse! And Alaina is so cute they probably weren't looking at me anyway. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment