Saturday, July 14, 2012

Three months

Can you believe Alaina turned three months old on Thursday? Crazy, right?? At the same time, it does feel like she's been a part of our family forever.

I took her to the appointment with the developmental program on Wednesday. I didn't really learn anything new but I still think it's good to hear how well she's doing. She noted that Alaina's large muscle movements are becoming smoother, said her back was getting strong (who knows how since baby girl haaaaaates tummy time), and she's already bearing weight with her legs. She has recently started noticing her feet which is fun. She also is obsessed with her thumb! This sometimes makes bottle feeding interesting because she also wants her thumb in her mouth (but gets mad if you take the bottle away!). Socially and verbally she still seems a little advanced. She has recently added the /d/ and /b/ consonant, though only on occasion. The woman could not get over how alert and interactive Alaina is! We are starting to see the very slightest amount of stranger apprehension. She said while this doesn't usually happen until around six months, she feels like it starts earlier in girls. It isn't problematic at all, Alaina just seems to nestle in closer when someone else wants to see her. However, she tends to be fine as long as she's being held and entertained by someone. :)

Alaina continues to sleep great! She falls asleep between 9:30 and 10:30 and usually doesn't get up until after 6 am. Naps aren't quite as easy but that's okay.

I did donate my freezer stash yesterday. It was just under 80 ounces. I didn't cry. :) My freezer feels a little empty now, reminding me of the Andy Griffith 'Opie the birdman' episode "but don't the trees seem nice and full?" I think my heart should feel full that all that hard work will be appreciated by someone.

In other news, Alaina has definitely started noticing the dogs! So funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment