Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The party's over

Where did summer go? Seriously. This is ridiculous.


Classes started yesterday. While I want to be in denial, the flocks of students creating their own crosswalks in the middle of the road make that difficult. Every August I question working at a university. However, parking has been great so that's a plus. 

As of August 1, I became the new Associate Director of Clinical Training for our program (thanks, Maureen... :/ ). I think it's a good fit for me as it will force me to start making connections with a number of clinical sites and psychologists around the state. But so far it has just been a trickle of emails related to grants and contracts I know nothing about. But I have a course release this semester that should help me get somewhat up to speed. Along with writing three grants (due 2 weeks apart...), several manuscripts, and preparing an online course for the winter intercession. Yikes. 

I can't recall if I mentioned it previously but Chad has taken a new position at Stillwater Medical Center. The hours and insurance are great and he likes how fast-paced it is. He likes his new co-workers though he is also missing the friends he made at his previous job. 

Alaina is doing fine. Her cough is back with a vengeance but we are treating that with an inhaler and occasional Benadryl. 
Friday night her cough was so terrible she couldn't stay asleep. Chad was holding her while I got some medicine ready and she took that time to projectile vomit all over him (and herself; thankfully they were in the tiled foyer). Poor guy. His face was sort of priceless. We think it was a combination of allergies, the cough, and too much dairy. If we were questioning if she's still allergic to dairy, I think that has been answered. Oops.







She's been up to a lot of fun stuff, though. She asks for "bath (ba)", "snack ('nak)" and will say "baby (bayba)". She will also repeat (er, tries to repeat) ball, bubble, and goat (!!). I really think most everything sounds pretty much the same but it's cool to be able to watch her try to communicate and magically know what she means. She also has started signing "help". Instead of what it 'should' look like, it's more of a 'slow clap'. Pretty hilarious.



She's also into giving kisses, especially to her favorite characters in books. She really isn't very into stuffed animals yet though she apparently loves her 'babies' at school.





She really loves her Mirabelle books.














She's currently most into shoes and cleaning. Ah, gender stereotypes.





She also loves drawing. Including on her face...

Alaina and the purple crayon...

No comments:

Post a Comment