Sunday, May 11, 2014

Lucky momma


I often feel lucky to have baby A. She isn't always easy--she's fiercely independent one moment and attached to my neck the next. She will run us ragged and sometimes treats whining like an extreme sport. But man does she love with her whole heart. When she really really loves you, she grabs your face, stares into your soul, smiles, and gives sweet kisses. She will also run straight in your arms (or leg) to give a big bear hug that may last for a whole minute. She loves to go through the names of people who love her, saying them with emphasis. Sometimes at night she investigates my face and giggles, whispers "mommy," and tries on new facial expressions. Or laughs saying "more, more hugs" knowing that melts my heart every single time. And all of these moments make me cry in their precious sweetness. These are the moments I want to bottle up because I'm so afraid they will evaporate as time passes. She's a wonderfully sweet little girl and we are so fortunate to get to love her everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment