Monday, August 11, 2014

Pop Pop, Daddy

Earlier this spring, A randomly started saying "pop pop daddy!" to Chad. We have no idea where it came from (her school is not affiliated with any gangs that we are aware of) but thought it was hysterical (okay so maybe Chad was a little disturbed and I thought it was hysterical). I definitely want to remember this as she gets older. So it seemed like an appropriate title for a post about Popsicles. Yes, I am so behind on blogging that I'm just attempting to string together some sort of theme in our pictures lately. 

Popsicles are fun though. I got a cute little mold (Zoku) and A loves them. 

For the first attempt, we made half with cran-grape juice and half with Apple juice and blueberries or raspberries. Super easy/basic. 




A definite hit!


A teeny tiny definite hit. 



The next attempt was a little fancier. I puréed pineapple chunks and then puréed frozen cherries (A is still afraid/terrified of the blender, awesome behavioral psychologist, eh? Hush. Exposure is hard). I was hoping for a cool swirling effect but it didn't work as well as I planned. 




These went over even better than the last ones. She was a big fan. 


This week we smushed up a banana and some blueberries and added Greek yogurt. I think this one will be a little too chunky but we will see. She loves the process and it's fun for me to watch her. I can't recall if I've mentioned on here but she wants to be involved with everything. "I heppin, momma!" So this is a good chance to fill that need. 


(She is safe. My hand was on her the whole time.)


The one downside to these molds is that the Popsicles are teeny. She always wants a second one. And the size also makes recipes a bit of a challenge. I have over or underestimated what we'd need every time. They are nice because they don't drip as much or make a big mess, though. They also would make adorable cake balls/pops. Maybe one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment