Friday, August 1, 2014

A day at the zoo

For the last two years, every time Papaw has visited, we've talked about going to the zoo. However, it has been too hot or too cold, raining, or, like last time, A developed a fever and was sick the day we were supposed to go. So I was pretty hesitant to make any plans to go today but I am happy to say that we made it!


The OKC is pretty fun. And A was definitely more excited about the animals than our previous trip (by the way, how has she grown so much so fast?? when I added the link to that blog post, I almost cried). 



The entire trip to OKC, A kept talking about wanting to see the giraffes. She was not fooled by the zoo themed kid's menu at the burger joint.


So, obviously the first exhibit we wanted to see was the giraffes. Boy, was she excited!







She was also enraptured by the gorillas.




I thought she would be more excited about the meerkats (because this...ohmygoodness) but she had just seen the slide and swing set and became much less excited about seeing animals.







Fortunately, it was a gorgeous day.



Chad was glad he got to see at least one of the big cats.



And this is a giant ant-eater. Because, no reason.


p.s. I have a bet with myself on who the first person would have been to comment on her animal print leggings. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment