Monday, August 27, 2012

D-day

So Alaina started daycare today and it wasn't terrible. She was there 8:30-4. I felt like I was on the verge of crying quite a bit; I'm not gonna lie. The brownie and poptarts I consumed when I got home? Total distress tolerance. I'm enjoying being cuddled up with her in the nursery right now, listening to her rhythmic snoring and enjoying her sweetness. Chad and I have both given her extra snuggles.

Overall, Alaina did okay. The owner and teachers said it was a rough day but all babies go through an adjustment period. I'm hoping tomorrow is a little easier. She is just used to being the only baby and now she's having to learn patience with seven others to contend with at any moment.

I am staying home Wednesday because she has her 4-month shots. What a terrible week, right? Thank goodness she won't remember it and soon it will only be a memory for me.

Here are some pictures from the day. She's the one in the cupcake onesie with the heart on the bum. I know they're tough to see. In the first one, she's looking at herself in the mirror on the far left hand side. In the second, she's in the middle of the babies hanging out on/by the blanket. In the last, she's being fed by Ms. Katie.

I'm sure you can guess how much work I got done today. Yup, zero. In between each of my meetings, I was checking on the baby. I know there is an adjustment period for me, too but for now I'm thankful for the camera!!

No comments:

Post a Comment