Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sickies

We need to catch a break with the illnesses! I think our record of health for not needing to take off work for child care is 3 weeks. We almost made it to 3 weeks again but missed it by a day. I'm still behind on blogging but I figured I'd just update how sweetie is doing. 

As is usually the case, Alaina was in great spirits this weekend & yesterday. 


This morning she woke up with a low grade fever (99.2) but by the time she woke up from her nap, her fever had crept up to 102.5. I picked her up and by the time we got home, it was 103.9. I had called our nurse's triage line and they said to take her to the walk in clinic. I gave her Tylenol and when I checked again, she was at 104.2. The walk in felt warranted though I'm always wary that they'll just say she has a virus and alternate meds and push fluids...the things I already know. So off we went. 

I hate sitting in the waiting room forever but Alaina was a little (super warm and cuddly) trooper. 




By the time we got seen for vitals (an hour later...) she was at 102, with a pulse ox of 93. The doctor was fantastic (we also saw her during our last visit for pinkeye). Her daughter goes to the same daycare as Alaina and she seems to understand my cautiousness but also that I need practical answers about medication (don't just prescribe an antibiotic), returning to work, etc. She ran a CBC test (poor sweet pea hates the finger prick!) and though Alaina's numbers were high, they weren't abnormally high. She said its probably viral (!!!) but she wanted me to bring her back to see a ped tomorrow. Before we left, she was still at 101.9 so we gave some ibuprofen. So that's tomorrow's plan. Fingers crossed she's feeling great and we have a fun day at home. And I'll try to work when she's sleeping..? Late night tonight. 




No comments:

Post a Comment