Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 Performance Review

#lifegoals: princess fireman
Every year I pontificate about not really believing in New Year's Resolutions and that we should focus more on goals and values. Frankly, the more time I spend on this, the more I think I just lie to myself.

I love having lists and checking things off.

The differences between goals and resolutions as described by most people, seem more like differences in semantics. My previous blog looked at how well we did (if one can quantify such a thing) last year so I want to again set some goals for the upcoming year. I really love Laura Vanderkam's suggestion of writing a performance review at the beginning of the year [2016; 2015], so here is where I hope to be (or hope to be progressing) by the end of the year. I should note, I'm fully aware that too many goals is a great way to fail across the board. That's kind of my M-O.

If anyone knows a good behavioral psychologist, I know a mom who could use help sleep training--herself... ;) 

Continued goals:
Read 4 books/month on average
Try a new recipe each month
Submit 6 new manuscripts 


Goals I didn't meet last year:
Track calories in MFP
Treadmill 2-3x weekly
Submit 1-2 grants
Stop using my phone from 7am-8am and 6pm-9pm


New goals:

Get 6-8 hours sleep/night
Download DuoLingo
Complete a no-spend challenge
Apply for licensure
KM: digital, sentimental
Create Christmas budget
Create Disney budget
Be a thoughtful friend (send flowers, etc.)


So, let's do this! I have my new bullet journal ready to start tracking. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment