Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Home sweet home

Well, we all survived my first trip away from home! I have never been so glad to land in Oklahoma. Unfortunately I didn't get the welcome home I'd been dreaming of all weekend. Instead, I came home to Chad throwing up and Alaina crying inconsolably. I was so sad. But all is well now. Chad's stomach bug has passed (and Alaina and I seemed to miss it!!) and Miss A seems quite happy that I am home. I was also worried she would no longer be interested in nursing but she picked that back up (though my supply suffered from the trip, which is a whole other post that wouldn't interest most). I had a lot of worries, actually pretty extreme anxiety, before and during the trip--so much so that I've decided to devote a whole blog post to the ugly secrets no one tells you about parenting. But first I need to finish this post. :)

Unfortunately Alaina still has her yucky cough, which is sometimes accompanied by the massive spit-up incidents. We are doing everything we can (steam, vicks baby rub, nasal aspirator, saline spray, sleeping upright).

Here we are Sunday night. Pretty obvious we both had been crying...but those times need to be documented, too.


After having been gone all weekend and Alaina spending most of the day in daycare, I decided I wanted to hang out with her a bit. So I picked her up early from daycare this morning and took her to work with me. She was so exceptionally good. Then we came home early and played. It was a really great afternoon. It made me excited that the weekend is almost here!


Some evidence of her rolling belly to back. Her teachers at daycare say that she rolls from back to belly in her crib; we just haven't seen it yet. 





No comments:

Post a Comment