Monday, April 23, 2012

Good news

Today we went back to the pediatrician and Alaina is back up to 8 pounds and 8 ounces. They want babies this age to gain an ounce a day and she gained 7 ounces in 7 days...so right on track. I obviously was hoping for a little more after all the efforts we've put in but it's still progress. Still a ways to go to make it up to her birth weight. We have since given up (with the pediatrician's understanding) on the SNS. It was no longer working properly and all three of us were frustrated by it. So I am still trying to nurse, supplementing with formula, and pumping. It's literally an all day job. But we are happier to not have to deal with the SNS. To those who asked, here is what we were using:

Medela SNS

In opposite but exciting news for me...I've lost 27 pounds. :-)

Here is a more recent picture of Alaina. I wonder what she's thinking...probably something about how her mom and dad don't have a clue...

No comments:

Post a Comment