Sunday, April 1, 2012

39 weeks!

Just to start--I know some people thought it would be funny for me to play an April Fool's joke that Alaina had come early but I really just couldn't do that.

So we are one week away from the official due date, or 11 days from the induction date. Either way, whew, that's coming soon! Chad is fully convinced that she'll be here within the next couple of days. I still don't think so. But I guess we'll see whose side Alaina's on from day one, right? ;-) My friend and colleague who was due April 12 had her baby on Saturday (and at 10 pounds and 2 ounces--two weeks early!). So truly, yes, any day now. But not before tomorrow...I need to watch the Cats win their 8th National Championship tomorrow night!! Alaina definitely was enjoying the win against Louisville last night! I had to keep reminding myself to breathe so that she got plenty of oxygen. We were careful to not turn any cars over or burn any couches following the epic win in the "battle for the Bluegrass" "state championship" "basketball armageddon". We do what we can to set a good example for her.

As you can see from my ticker above, Alaina is now "launch ready." The ticker also says that her legs are against her chest and knees against the nose. I just think that can't be true--I'm just starting to get kicks in my ribs and punches in my pelvic bone. So, it seems she's still flailing around in there.

The most exciting thing this week was going to the consignment sale I've talked about on the blog previously. I was so overwhelmed and surprised at how well it was done! I ended up spending only $60 but got so many of the remaining "necessities" that were still on my list. This week I also decided I wasn't happy with what I was planning to bring Alaina home in so I got a great deal online for an adorable dress and cardigan set. I can't wait for you all to see her in it. Hopefully it arrives before she does...and it fits! :-)

Below is my 39 week picture. She is still sitting a little high but I think she may have dropped a smidge. Either that or she was just positioned differently from last week.



Having the list for work is clearly helping me. Tonight I told myself I couldn't update the blog until I had finished more things off this list! :-) 

  • Revise and resubmit NSSI manuscript (almost finished...which is good since it's due tomorrow)
  • Review manuscript for Psych Assessment (due April 4)
  • Finish grading midterms
  • Grade reports and feedback sessions for class
  • Write 3 lectures Finish1 lecture
  • Create grading rubric for graduate presentations
  • Enter grades
  • Sign clinic notes twice weekly
  • Review 2 1 assessment report
  • Review 3 intake summaries 1 intake summary
  • Review my graduate student's thesis proposal
  • Review undergraduate thesis and poster presentation
  • Help undergraduate revise IRB application
  • Read graduate student thesis 

Most of my focus has been on work stuff but we're continuing to slowly cross things off the list (plus laundry just continues to need to be done, my goodness!):

  • Find a pediatrician 
  • Finish decorating the nursery
  • Launder and organize the baby clothes
  • Decide on a bring home outfit
  • Make meals to freeze
  • Write "birth goals"
  • Determine what necessities we still need to buy (like um, diapers...)
  • Pack our hospital bags
  • Install the car seat
  • Find and schedule a photographer for newborn photos
  • Finish thank-you cards
  • Talk to dog sitter
  • Get more house keys made
  • Buy curtains for front door
  • Find part-time child care for the summer

1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic!!! I can't wait to see pictures of this little beauty!!! =)

    ReplyDelete