Friday, April 27, 2012

Update

I went in for my 2 week check up on Wednesday. The doctor said my incision is healing really well. I had lost 34.4 pounds since my last appointment. My blood pressure was still a little on the high side which surprised me. However the doctor was not concerned. I am still on restriction from picking up anything heavier than the baby and I'm still not able to drive.

Chad goes back to work next week. I'm definitely wishing he had taken the stay at home dad route. He has been awesome at helping care for Alaina as well as keeping up on the housework and laundry. We have had lots of amazing friends stop by with dinner and desserts or drive me around when needed. Thanks, friends!

Alaina seems to be doing well. We think maybe her face is filling back out. The feeding is still laborious and after talking with the lactation consultant again today, we learned things are actually taking longer than they should. That is encouraging in the sense that maybe it won't be like this forever...if you've wondered why I am slow to respond to emails, texts, and phone calls I have a visual of our day below. I clearly need to use the time between 4 and 8 am more effectively. ;)

Little one's umbilical cord fell off sometime on Wednesday night. However we aren't sure where it went...probably in a diaper that got thrown out. And that is fine with me because that thing freaked me out worse than the nastiest of diapers (and we've had some doozies) so we would not have saved it anyway! Yuck. However, the cord coming off did mean we were able to give Miss Pigpen a bath. She did better than we expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment