Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Another sneak peek

So my doctor's appointment this morning went well. My blood pressure had creeped up a little (130/72) but the doctor was not at all concerned. She said part of it might have been the knowledge that I would be getting the Group B Strep test today (a virus that is not harmful to me but could be harmful to Alaina, if left untreated). I will get those results back next week, I imagine. If I have it, it just means I need to get IV antibiotics after I go into labor.

She also measured my fundal height again and exclaimed "wow! that's a big baby...or you're just short!" Well, we know that second one is true anyway. :) She said this because I was measuring 39 weeks (keep in mind, I am currently 36 weeks). Now, before you freak out (I think Chad almost had a mini-panic attack when reminded that pregnancy is typically 40 weeks!), this is not an indication that she is coming next week. In fact, I have no signs that she will come early at all. However, it does mean that my growth scan got scheduled for next week, which is fantastic. This will be a longer ultrasound on the big machine--and Chad will be coming so hopefully he will get some nice video. Immediately after our appointment next Wednesday, we will be going to the hospital for a tour and to fill out pre-registration paperwork. 

She did complete another little travel ultrasound (see below) and Alaina was actually awake for part of it. However, she seems a little camera shy because almost immediately, she turned over and gave us another great look at her spine. :) She remains head down and facing the side. We also listened to the heart beat on the Doppler and it was measuring in the 140s.

Things are really moving forward...eek!


And to continue to update:
  • Find and meet with a pediatrician {I think I've narrowed this one down after talking to a few friends and my doctor}
  • Finish painting and decorating the nursery
  • Launder and organize the baby clothes
  • Decide on a bring home outfit
  • Finish Write thank-you cards
  • Make meals to freeze
  • Write "birth goals"
  • Determine what necessities we still need to buy (like um, diapers...)
  • Pack our hospital bags (I started Alaina's bag) and install the car seat
  • Find and schedule a photographer for newborn photos

No comments:

Post a Comment