Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A quick note

As you can see on my little ticker above, we are now under the 30 day mark. That thought kind of takes my breath away. I suspect that when I see "21 days to go" I'm going to freak out a little. Not sure why but man, 3 weeks seems like so little time! According to statistics, our little girl should weigh about 6.5 pounds and be about 20 inches long. She will continue to gain half a pound to a pound each week until I deliver but she is likely pretty settled on length (which is good given that she is running out of space in there!). If she were born today (goodness, I don't even like writing that!) she would probably require very little medical assistance, though until Sunday she is still considered "late pre-term" and there are still a host of problems that could occur, though clearly less severe and less likely than earlier births. These problems would include things like feeding problems, breathing problems, difficulties regulating body temperature, jaundice, and mild learning or behavioral problems. So clearly we want her to keep cooking. :) Sunday is, by most standards, considered "full-term" though it is still advisable not to induce or perform c-sections in single births until 39 weeks unless medically necessary. We are shooting for 40-41 weeks.

Next week is my spring break. I want to take at least three of those days to get caught up on my work responsibilities. I get especially nervous about the long list of clinical notes, reports, and summaries that need to be reviewed and signed before I go on leave. That and I have a revise and resubmit that I really don't want hanging over me while I am home. So those are my goals for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment